Monday, October 10, 2011

Appreciating Art in Threads and Yarns


I have made an effort of learning crochet. I can make a heck of a chain. I just never got past the chain part. It is mostly due to the fact that I can not remember the starting steps to save me.  I know I'm a sad case. I do, however, love the results. I am currently attempting to learn bobbin lace, time permitting. Work has not been cooperating this summer but with any luck after the 1st of the year will allow for more dedication of time.

We recently listed on RetroVintiques some doilies that are so delicate and and I admit to being torn to see them go. They are not quite colors that are easily used in our home so they are offered.


The workmanship that go into these handmade doilies are so amazing. Delicate, precise, and perfectly even. My hats off to these artisans for their patience and for sharing their art with us. These works are made to last and to be shared with those who appreciate them; and especially for those of us that can't seem to manage the talent.

So here are a a couple of them to share their finery. Enjoy! If you do this type of work - Thank you! If not, join me in treasuring this ability's end results.


No comments:

Post a Comment