Saturday, December 3, 2011

Where do the days go?

I can not believe it is December already. I feel like I missed November completely. Well, for this blog I DID! I had so many ideas to share and new finds too but far too little time to post them out.

We have decided to pare down the general stuff in our house. So we opened the shop on ETSY for a controlled way of selling our vintage extra stuff. Today's goal was to list some Christmas things. The velvet reindeer are on the block. Sad to see them off to a new home but the little sleigh I had them with is no more. So here is a picture of the herd for perhaps the last time. If they don't sell - well guess I will be shopping for a new sleigh for next year. So it will be all good.

Funny how these things bring so many memories to mind. They make yesterday seem so close at hand. I am certain that is one of the reasons I so cherish vintage things. Today people scrapbook, an activity I can relate to and practice to a modest extent. Me, I will collect my vintage 'stuff' and remember all the yesterdays each time I use or just look at them. 

1 comment:

  1. Just as an update, the herd is still together but at a different home. A RetroVintiques customer bought them all together. A sad farewell but hopefully giving Christmas joy in their new location. It was the best scenario I could ask for

    ReplyDelete